Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Raw Vegan Challenge - Days 4 & 5


Both day 4 & 5 went by so smooth, bet they were passing by on their tippy toes. 

On day 4 I had a fruit salad to start the day (banana, orange, shredded apple, hemp seeds).
I moved over to some walnuts for snack.
Launch came and it was: cauliflower, broccoli, baby carrots, tomatoes and cucumbers. I bought them at the market while shopping for a birthday present for one of my friends. Took me a while to convince the vendor I didn't want any dip with that.
For the next snack I had the most amazing and sweet muscat grapes. Oh, the flavor!Added a handful of cashew nuts to them.
For dinner, my detox took a bit of a detour again, since I've attended a birthday dinner, and the salad came with vinaigrette and crumbled cheese. Fighting those proved pointless so I gave up when the server brought it to the table. Oh well...


Day 5 started with just a banana on my way to the bus station - I was in such a rush so my plans for carrot-celery-apple juice seemed like a sweet fantasy at the moment - barely had time to prepare my lunch.
Luckily, the rest of the muscat grapes were waiting for me in the fridge at work. Oh, the flavor again, such joy!
For lunch I had the 'summer salad' I was craving so much, one of my favorites when I was a kid: tomatoes, cucumbers and parsley leaves. Nothing else! So simple and so good!
Quick snack: a handful of cashews from my desk drawer at work.
Dinner started with grapefruit juice. Continued with shredded carrot, shredded zucchini, finely chopped dill, Brussels sprouts.
I have my hopes high - day 6 will bring me the carrot juice!

And bonus happiness for today: few days ago, my beautiful and talented friend from far away sent me one of her creations from her online store, Wool Bangle Bags by Rodica and I was so surprised that it got here so quickly! I was counting days, and never thought I'd have it so soon. Can't wait to wear it, mine is the white one with brown ribbon, so pretty - pictures just don't make them justice!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...