Thursday, January 6, 2011

Peanut Butter Loaf with Chocolate Chips



Nothing makes one feel more at home after trading the Canadian snow for Texan sun over the winter holidays than the smell of fresh baked loaf. Peanut butter loaf. With chocolate chips.

Super easy to make, yields 20 slices.

Preheat oven at 350 F.
In a large bowl, add the ingredients in this order, mixing well after each addition:
- 1/3 cup (organic) smooth peanut butter
- 1/3 cup agave syrup
- 1 1/2 cup buttermilk
- pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup  whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder

Mix until smooth. Fold in 1/2 cup unsweetened (or semi-sweet organic) chocolate chips.
Pour batter into a parchment paper lined loaf pan and cook for 50-60 min, until the top is golden-brown.
Nutrients per 1 of the 20 slices: Calories: 111, Total Fat: 4.2g, Saturated Fat: 1.7g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 1mg, Sodium: 6mg, Total Carbs: 16.9g, Dietary Fiber: 1.9g, Sugars: 4.2g, Protein: 3.4g
Calcium 3%, Iron: 5%



2 comments:

  1. This makes a perfect pair with my coffee right now. I love that you used whole wheat flour in this recipe. I think this recipe is ok for diabetics, right? I was looking for such a recipe. I'm not sure I can find agave syrup here, though. I will try if I can. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked it, Zerrin, thanks for stopping by!
    I usually get my agave syrup from the 'health food' section of my grocery store, or from health stores, but you can also find it online (sport/nutrition supplements retail websites sell it). You can use Stevia instead (if you like the taste, I personally do not, that's why I almost never use it), especially if you're looking for a recipe suitable for diabetics.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...